[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause only with LiveTV

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Feb 22 22:56:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm seeing prebuffering pauses about half a minute after watching
livetv on a remote frontend. I first suspected network issues because
this is via WLAN, and I'm only seeing this on high-bandwidth channels.
But I don't have these issues when watching exactly the same show from
the LiveTV recording group.

So this really is limited to high-bandwith-only LiveTV-only watching.
I don't have any problems with the FE on the same machine like the BE,
so it's not a general issue either. The troubleshooting wiki page
didn't mention anything like that either, but I still followed the
suggestion there that made sense, without luck.

Any ideas?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/