[mythtv-users] Channel icon path

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 02:08:36 UTC 2010

On 13 February 2010 15:25, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5387cd31002071613vf3360eav77c30a96d007643b at mail.gmail.com>,
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>> As yet, icons are not transferred internally using the Myth protocol.
>
> So how are my frontend icons working in the guide just fine? I haven't
> knowingly done anything.

I do recall seeing this on my Atom frontend before I had copied across
my icon dir from the backend. I think the small EPG icons _are_
transferred using the MythProtocol, but the icons required for the OSD
do need to be available via a FS.

> Another question, and sorry if this smacks of thread hijack. I just
> changed the login user for my frontends, and completely reinstalled my
> backend, and again changed the user. (I wanted them all the same)
>
> I've massaged everything to work, but the backend is looking in the old
> users home for the channel icons. How can I change this?

You need to update the icon paths for your configured channels, which
are stored in the database.

You can do this manually via the channel editor in mythtv-setup,
mythfrontend or MythWeb. If you use mythfilldatabase and XMLTV, you
can run MFDB without the '--update' option to update your icons. Note
that the MFDB method may create new channels if there are channels in
your XMLTV file that are not present in the database and configured to
XMLTV.

Cheers,
Nick

--