[mythtv-users] Disabling the internal player

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Tue Feb 23 06:17:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Yaron <mythusers at freakzilla.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Ok, I've been using mythtv for many many years, but I've never used it for
> live tv/tv recording until a week or two ago.
>
> In that time I've got very very used to using my own player for videos...
> and frankly I don't like the internal player. I've not seen an option to
> disable it or use a custom player for "Watch Recordings" anywhere. Is that
> even doable?
>
> If not, plan B is that recordings go into the video tree, so I can watch
> them from there, but I'd rather not have to do that!

Not possible as far as I know, but what is it about the internal
player that annoys you? I mean, for watching recordings, 99% of the
time you're not interacting with it, except for hitting skip to jump
the commercial breaks.

I'm really not sure where the room for user preference lies in that
simple relationship.

- Chris