[mythtv-users] MythWeb doesn't work since upgrade to 0.22 - 'Incompatible protocol version'

Phillip Barnett phillip.p.barnett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:50:21 UTC 2010

On 23 Feb 2010, at 13:30, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Mythweb doesn't "install" from the tarball.  You have to copy it
> manually to your public web folder and configure it properly in your
> web server.  Check the README or INSTALL or such files in the
> mythweb folder from your source.  I would imagine that the RPM/DEB/
> YUM/APT installable version would do all the right things but the
> tarball/SVN that you compile yourself needs an extra step.
>
> Kevin

Thanks - I had realised that MythWeb insttallation is different when I
did the ./configure. I copied the files over my current install,
checked the httpd.conf file looked sane, but am still getting the same
error message -
'Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=40, backend=50)'

And yes, I have stopped and restarted Apache.

I'm running on 64 bit Ubuntu, for what it's worth...

Phillip