[mythtv-users] Converting MBE to SBE, tuners and video sources, HDHomerun

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 23 17:20:54 UTC 2010

On 02/23/2010 11:54 AM, j2u4 j2u4 wrote:
> on Tue Feb 23 16:24:36 UTC 2010, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> > If you're concerned about such
> > things, you may want to delete all tuners, and re-add them to reset the
> > tuner numbering.  Neither of these operations should take more than a
> > couple minutes.
>
> I went ahead and did this, but the system still thinks there are 5
> tuners. mythtv-setup only shows 2.
>
> I poked around in the db and noticed that the capturecard table had
> the first tuner 3 times and the second twice. cardinput was similar.
>
> Can I just delete stuff from these tables, or are there foreign
> constraints in others?
>
> Maybe I really just need to wipe the db and start entirely from
> scratch? :(

If you mean that it showed you 3 (virtual) tuners pointing to the same
physical device, welcome to the world of multirec.  Myth can record
multiple programs from a digital TV multiplex using a single physical
tuner.  What you see is simply the configuration to allow this
capability.  (Note that it applies only to digital capture cards.  If
you see it with analog capture cards, you have a broken configuration.)

Not having any idea what you did so far, I'd recommend you do the
capture card portion of
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 (but
your saying that you lost guide data implies that you may have broken
other things meaning you'll need to also do the video sources portion of
the same post).

Note, also, that if you did not change the hostname of the physical
machines (i.e. the master backend was called 'a' before the change and
then you changed it to a remote backend, still called 'a', things
shouldn't have broken).  If you changed the hostname, there could be a
lot of brokenness in your database data, now, depending on exactly what
you did.

Mike