[mythtv-users] still trying to install mythtv on windows 7

Mark Stewart ethereal9 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:15:28 UTC 2010

I installed MySQL GUI v8.2 - and I was able to connect to mythconverg
database using - port 6543, password mythtv, username mythtv and host
address - localhost.

I tried to telnet to localhost 6543 - it said it was connecting (it said
5.1.42-community then some gibberish) it finished with - connection to host
lost.

I was able to show databases - there were 4 (mythconverg was there) - I told
it to use mythconverg.

I am still getting - Cannot connect to port 6543 on database host localhost

Please be gentle with me I haven't got a clue how to configure MySQL

These are the commands I found on the wiki windows page -

 mysql>create database mythconverg;

 mysql>GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mythtv'@'localhost'  IDENTIFIED BY
'mythtv' WITH GRANT OPTION;

 mysql>GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mythtv'@'%'  IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv'
WITH GRANT OPTION;

 mysql>quit;

I used these - I think I created a database called mythconverg and a user
called mythtv?

Message: 15