[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging in 0.22 - no success.

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 24 01:59:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 12:49 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 20:22 -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Manuel McLure <manuel at mclure.org> wrote:
> > > I've noticed that since I upgraded to 0.22, commercial flagging is not
> > > producing usable results. On 0.21 commercial flagging was quite good -
>
> Manuel,
>
> I'm having similar issues in Australia with commercial detection.

> 1.  What are other Australian's experiences and have they had any luck
> improving the detection rate by changing things.

Its never worked well at all for me (Perth, .21 on gentoo, have not
tried .22 yet).

Not just failing to detect real commercials, but marking major portions
of programs as commercial.  I actually suspect the networks (foil cap
on :) are partly to blame (by majorly varying leadin/leadout/internal
transitioning and makeup of commercial breaks as well as in program
transitions that trigger sane commercial detection schemes) trying to
prevent workable commercial skipping.

grrrr

BillK