[mythtv-users] Live TV channel restrictions

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 24 10:19:15 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Oliver" <lists at foxhill.co.uk>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Live TV channel restrictions

In article <4B8467FC.5080009 at thirdcontact.com>, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> if
> LiveTV locks that tuner to the mux that /was/ in use and the scheduler
> had planned to change to a different mux for the next recording.

> My (admittedly naive!) angle on this is that Live TV shouldn't be
"locking" or "grabbing" anything. It gets to use virtual tuners that are
free, it also gets to tune a tuner that's free if there isn't one on the
right mux, but if a recording comes along and needs the resource, then
tough!

Well yes, but tough for which?  One possible solution is a setting choice of LiveTV dominance or Recording dominance to define who
it is tough for, assuming no user guiding intervention.  Designing the system to avoid the need for this choice is of course
preferable.