[mythtv-users] eee PC FLASH_CON Drives

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 16:15:10 UTC 2010

On 2/24/2010 5:54 PM, Tortise wrote:
> I wonder what steps you took when installing on those flash drives, in
> particular did you install with no swap file and did you turn off
> updating file read dates every time a file is read, something like
> this (Credit
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?Install_To_CompactFlash):

Well, for most of the flash drives (two no name 4G drives, 8G SanDisk
Cruzer), I couldn't even get the install finished.  There would usually
be some sort of error in the installation process.  For the ones I did
get installed to, yes, I did all of that.  No swap, noatime, moved logs
and such to tmpfs.  But even though they worked fine, they were too
small for what I wanted to install (2G SanDisk Cruzer was fastest,
another 2G no name worked, but slowly).  Mostly I think what put me over
the limit was the theme cache.  I toyed with the idea of moving it to an
NFS mount, but didn't.

Jeff.
--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 6 months and 1 week, saving $5,798.42 and
not smoking 38,656.14 cigarettes.