[mythtv-users] Ripping DVD w/subtitles, Can I toggle them with the Internal Player?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Feb 25 18:57:24 UTC 2010

On 2/25/2010 13:05, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> The problem is that I'm ripping the videos, transcoding them down and
> the subtitles are "on" the video.  Like they're not separated so that
> there's no way to toggle them.  I checked in mplayer and even it
> couldn't toggle the subtitles.

Either the subtitles were on the original video, or your ripping tool
cooked them in during the transcode.  If you want toggle-able subtitles
(softsubs), you either need to rip the image stream containing them, and
multiplex that into your transcoded file, or you need to run an OCR
software on the images, and include the resultant 'srt' file along with
the video file.