[mythtv-users] Ripping DVD w/subtitles, Can I toggle them with the Internal Player?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu Feb 25 19:25:41 UTC 2010

Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 2/25/2010 13:05, Ajay Sharma wrote:
>
> (softsubs), you either need to rip the image stream containing them,
ccextractor does a wonderful job of this:
http://ccextractor.sourceforge.net

> and multiplex that into your transcoded file, or you need to run an
> OCR software on the images, and include the resultant 'srt' file along
> with the video file.

SubRip for this.

Even though it's a Windows program, it seems to do a very good job and
it runs just fine under Wine.  I haven't yet found a Linux replacement
that actually works.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/SubRip.shtml

Doug