[mythtv-users] Does anyone have an executable of firewire_tester built pre-juju?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 01:18:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I am still trying to sort out my firewire issue with Fedora 12.  I
>> believe moving to the older stack has helped with the reliability.
>> However, I don't think my firewire_tester, which I recompiled using
>> the new driver and its development files, is working with the old
>> driver.  Does anyone have a copy that they could put in a tarball and
>> send my way?  I use it as part of a priming, stabilizer script, so
>> would like to have the program on my system.  I am also using a 32 bit
>> system, so I don't think one compiled on a 64 bit system will work.
>
> The current libraw1394 is supposed to be interoperable with both
> driver stacks... Compile once, and it should Just Work for whatever
> driver stack is loaded... Of course, its possible that's busted now.

Even though firewire capture seems to work flawlessly for me using the
pre-juju firewire stack and the Pace box with p2p, I still want to use
the priming script, which utilizes firewire_tester.  After recompiling
firewire_tester (my version of libraw1394 is 2.0.4), I just get errors
when running it:
[mythtv at localhost ~]$ /usr/local/bin/firewire_tester -p -n 0 -r 5
Action: Test P2P connection 5 times, node 0, channel 0
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed

If I try to fix the with broadcast (although I don't think this is a
good method for this particular stb), I get the following:
[mythtv at localhost ~]$ /usr/local/bin/firewire_tester -B -n 0
Action: Attempt to fix broadcast connection 1 times, node 0
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...libiec61883 warning: No plugs exist on either node;
using default broadcast channel 63.
Failed
P2P: Testing...libiec61883 warning: No plugs exist on either node;
using default broadcast channel 63.
Failed
P2P: Testing...libiec61883 warning: No plugs exist on either node;
using default broadcast channel 63.

Now this all may be a moot issue and looking for a solution to a
non-problem, but I would like to get firewire_tester working if
possible.