[mythtv-users] US Broadcasting bastards

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Feb 26 05:10:46 UTC 2010

> Read the entire thread at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/195124#195124 or please
> don't ever suggest that (2) again.  :)
>
> >> I regularly watch two back to back shows on a sunday night and it's
> >> annoying having the start of one show on the end of another (I want the
> >> whole show in each recording) and there's no reason why since these are
> >> back to back that the software values couldn't be honored on the same
> >> input.
> >>

> So fix your recording rules.  This is *not* a bug, but a
> misconfiguration of your system.  You're abusing the "Time to record
> before start of show (in seconds)" and "Time to record past end of show
> (in seconds)" settings.

Okay, my recording rules aren't too bad, but since Australia seems to
suffer fropm drift, it's difficult to address in the recording rules.

I understand that with the soft start and end times that if you have to
change channels, but since these shows are on the same channel I would
have thought this was a little easier.

As for my settings, doesn't setting the recording rules to start early
and end late for two back to back shows just force them onto different
inputs anyway, which is what I'm doing to get the some results using the
soft start end stuff.

> >> Is this bug worthy and how do I file a feature request?
> >>
> > No, and you don't.  There is no official feature request method.  There is a
> > space in the wiki where people have collected ideas but I'm sure this is not
> > a new one.
> >

> Kevin is 100% correct.

Okay, that's why I asked.  And I didn't mean to imply that it was
broken, just that I could see a different way it might work.

Rodd