[mythtv-users] MythNetvision - Can't get it to work?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Fri Feb 26 13:50:46 UTC 2010

2010/2/26 Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>:
> No they are called by other modules that are executable.

Well, I didn't look into the code of Mythnetvison, so I don't know if
this is caused by Mythnetvision or other modules used by
Mythnetvision. I could just confirm that the Mythvideo scripts
returned a correct error message, telling me that I needed a MySQLdb
module, while the Mythnetvision scripts failed without a proper error
message.

Do you know if the Python MySQLdb module is a requirement of the
Python bindings? If that is the case, I didn't fulfill the
Mythnetvision requirement "The Myth Python Bindings properly installed
and configured", which then essentially caused the issue. However, I
did search for information on setting up the Python Bindings, but I
was not able to find any info on requirements, except from partial
info on the mailinglist and the bugtracker (pointing me towards adding
--with-bindings=perl,python when compiling).

If the Python MySQLdb module is not a requirement of the Python
Bindings, I suppose that the Python MySQLdb module should be added as
a requirement of MythNetvision.

Best Regards
Kenni Lund