[mythtv-users] CrystalHD card now at $53 at Logic Supply for US buyers

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 21:18:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Craig Whitmore <lennon at orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:25 -0500, Frank Merrill wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Frank Merrill <fmerrill1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I see that Logic Supply has now dropped the price of the BCM970012
>> > CrystalHD cards from a former $69 to a current price of $53 USD.
>> >
>> > http://www.logicsupply.com/products/bcm970012
>> >

>> Now down to $44 and still listed as 'In Stock'.
>
> Yes.. its cheap.. BUT shipping to other countries is so expensive..
>
> for example $44 US and $47.77 US shipping to New Zealand so the price
> doubles. Even other places outside the US are so expensive for shipping.
>
> You can look on ebay and get it much cheaper (including shipping which
> will take quite a bit longer) (older version but its been stated the
> older format and the newer format of the cards are exactly the same in
> what they do)

Yes, I am familiar with the ebay ones, out of 2, I had 1 good and 1 bad.
It was still worth the wait due to the decreased price for me. (for
the one that worked)

I had previously stated in this thread:
"I mentioned the reduction in price at Logic Supply because some US
based buyers seem more confident buying from them since the are are an
authorized reseller, and some people would rather pay the additional
cost associated with that then risk not knowing where the ones from
China are coming from."

As far as Shipping to NZ, well, doesn't pretty much everything that
you need cost quite a bit more due to it being an Island nation?

Frank