[mythtv-users] Sound issue over firewire

Nathan Carlson nathan at dasrhombus.com
Sat Feb 27 19:19:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just replaced my cable box with an Scientific Atlanta RNG150 HD box. I
followed the recommendations for this box from
here<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Firewire_Cable_Box_Compatibility>.
I am able to get video fine, but all I get is a crackling for audio. I
compiled firewire_tester and it just fails on both p2p and broadcast. It
seems that if I am able to get video it shouldn't be failing. I have also
tried setting p2p_connections=1, but no luck. Here is what I get from
plugreport and firewire_tester:

nathan at mythbox:~$ plugreport
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x001b8c00000100a8
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Node 1 GUID 0x00252e942cd60000
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=1
        channel=1, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=0
iMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2
iPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=0

nathan at mythbox:~$ firewire_tester -p -n 1 -r 5
Action: Test P2P connection 5 times, node 1, channel 1
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed

nathan at mythbox:~$ firewire_tester -B -n 1
Action: Attempt to fix broadcast connection 1 times, node 1
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
P2P: Testing...Failed
Broadcast Fix: Failed

Thanks in advance for any help, and let me know if you need any additional
info.

Thanks,
Nathan