[mythtv-users] Internal video player - avi/mkv files + external srt subtitles

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 01:46:18 UTC 2010

Hello,

I just found that I don't see my plain-text subtitles when trying to
switch from MPlayer to the internal MythTV player. All files have
exactly the same name save for the extension (*.avi, *.mkv + *.srt *.sub).

MPlayer has no problem with these subtitles, but I wanted to switch to
MythTV player - it's much easier for my family to operate just one
application with a uniform interface. That's all. If external subtitles
don't work, no problem, it's just that I assumed subtitles would be
supported. It's a very important feature for non-English speaking users.

I'm using current SVN trunk, BTW. TIA for any info!

--
David Kubicek