[mythtv-users] Internal video player - avi/mkv files + external srt subtitles

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Feb 28 01:56:24 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-27, at 8:46 PM, David Kubicek wrote:

> I just found that I don't see my plain-text subtitles when trying to switch from MPlayer to the internal MythTV player.
> I'm using current SVN trunk, BTW. TIA for any info!

You have to switch them on by pressing T after the video starts. Alternatively you could enable the option to always show closed captioning but then you'd get that for all your TV shows.

Subtitles come up in the same font as CC and some people have been finding the text pretty small. The dimensions are hardcoded so you may have to apply a change as described here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/423269#423269

Oh, if you have any subs muxed into a mkv then myth won't see them.

- George