[mythtv-users] Recordings stay in database and on disk for some time after delete?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:22:34 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 12:49 -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:
>> Thanks Daniel! I'm applying that changeset (23604) to my system right
>> now.  Just curious...would this possibly explain some of the odd
>> behavior I described earlier in this thread, where recordings pending
>> delete were showing the in the list of recordings (both in the
>> frontend and mythweb)?
>
> No, as of 0.22 we delete the entries from the UI before the deletes
> are committed. But we don't maintain this illusion of the items being
> deleted when they are not yet deleted if you exit and re-enter the
> Watch Recordings screen. This could be done and it sounds like Michael
> T. Dean is interested in implementing that feature for at least the
> frontend if not MythWeb.
>
> -- Daniel

I think however, that that behavior was usually unnoticeable, as the
deletes seem to occur pretty quickly.  With the bug resolved in
changeset 23604 deleted recordings would appear in the UI until all
prior slow truncates had finished because the unlink was getting
blocked (if I understand it correctly).  I think that's the only
reason I noticed it at all.  If I deleted several things they might
stay in the list for an hour or more.

Now that I've applied that fix, I can't see this behavior at all.  I'm
guessing I'd have to exit and re-enter the list of records within
seconds after deleting something.

Tom