[mythtv-users] Recordings stay in database and on disk for some time after delete?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Feb 28 18:45:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 09:22 -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:
> I think however, that that behavior was usually unnoticeable, as the
> deletes seem to occur pretty quickly.  With the bug resolved in
> changeset 23604 deleted recordings would appear in the UI until all
> prior slow truncates had finished because the unlink was getting
> blocked (if I understand it correctly).  I think that's the only
> reason I noticed it at all.  If I deleted several things they might
> stay in the list for an hour or more.
>
> Now that I've applied that fix, I can't see this behavior at all.  I'm
> guessing I'd have to exit and re-enter the list of records within
> seconds after deleting something.

Yeah, pretty much. The actual code path to unlink should be pretty
quick. It usually takes about a second here with one delete, but
if you delete hundreds of items using the playlist functionality
it's pretty easy to notice this behaviour. On remote frontends we
we did not delete the items from the UI in 0.22, but in trunk we
send a message after the unlink that will remove the item from the
list, this may take a second or two.

-- Daniel