[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 08:32:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You know, there /is/ a reason it was designed this way.  Perhaps you mean,
>>> "MythTV has, for reasons I don't understand, used two menus on Watch
>>> Recordings for a long time."
>>>
>>> Not trying to pick on you, specifically, but a /lot/ of people are calling
>>> this bad UI design, when in fact they just don't understand the reasoning
>>> behind the decisions.
>>
>> Instead of being your usual enigmatic self, why don't you actually
>> tell us the reason?
>
> Something about calling the most visibly helpful, available, informed
> and sometimes verbose person on the list "enigmatic" is leaving me
> dumbstruck.

Mike is, I agree, very helpful (ok that's a massive understatement).
but to leave the "reasoning behind the decisions" unexplained in the
context is a little cryptic.

I also appreciate he may be sick of explaining the same things over
and over again.

No offence was intended, i love the helpfulness of this list, and i
read enough of it over many years to know that Mike is one of the most
helpful.