[mythtv-users] Mac Mini and Broadcom Crystal HD PCI Express mini-card

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jan 1 15:21:23 UTC 2010

On Friday 01 January 2010 08:05:06 am Mark wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
> > But I have some thin clients with mini-pcie, and Intel graphics, it will
> > be nice to be able to use them as HD display devices.
>
> Oh *REALLY*.   Please dish.  That'd be a killer setup for a diskless
> cheap HD frontend.

Not really, these are older units I got from ThinLabs over a year ago.

Since I already have them, I'll try to get them running as F/Es, but if
starting from scratch today I'd go with the Revo (in fact I have one), cheaper
and VDPAU-capable. The Revo also has an HDMI port, and comes with an HDD (that
you don't have to use, the Revo will netboot easily). The Revo also has an
Atom CPU that's probably better than the VIA chip in the thin clients.