[mythtv-users] linux software raid / mdadm UUID problems

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 17:27:38 UTC 2010

> I don't have quite as much experience with mdadm and RAID as John does, but
> I've run into what you describe here before.
>
> After I modify the mdadm.conf file, I've always had to re-build my initial
> RAM disk image for the changes to take effect across re-boots. It seems the
> contents of the file are baked-in to the image.  This is on Fedora - not
> sure if it will behave the same way on your distro, but I'm guessing it
> will.

Sounds good. That's most likely the cause problem that the OP had. I
am on gentoo and the mdadm.conf copying to the ramdisk is made as part
of the compiling kernel with the genkernel script. The most likely
reason that this has not caused me problems all of the times where I
have moved arrays to a new machines or new sata controllers is that I
updated the kernel at the same time so I did not have this issue..

--
John M. Drescher