[mythtv-users] How functional is Myth PIP ?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jan 2 00:01:02 UTC 2010

On Friday 01 January 2010 04:54:11 pm Brent Bolin wrote:

> > Are you using VDPAU? I believe this is a known problem - on my
> > machine, I see flickering and jumpiness in the second image.
> >

> No.  I have VDPAU capable systems, but am not using it because "High
> Quality" does better.

I'm interested in that statement. Everything I've read here indicates that
VDPAU does a better job than software decoding, this is the first I have heard
to the contrary.

What video card are you using, what de-interlacer(s)? What sort of display?

I don't mean to give you the third degree, just pin down apparently
contradictory statements.

Perhaps you are using an interlaced display which can't benefit from the VDPAU
de-interlacers?

Or do you mean only that High-Quality makes for better PiP performance? This
would make sense to me.

Much thanks for any information.