[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Bob Cunningham FlyMyPG at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 06:50:59 UTC 2010

On 01/01/2010 06:40 PM, Johnny wrote:
>> - What is the best distro for running 0.22?
>> - Should I use one of the pre-configured MythTV+distro packages?
>>    (Do any of them provide 0.22?)
>> - Which video card?  (Is VDPAU the best way to go?)
>> - Which HD and SD tuners? (I presently have an HVR-950Q.  I previously went
>> through hell with a pair of HD-5000 cards, which I returned.)
>> - Can I really expect to build a fanless HTPC that has great MythTV
>> performance?
>> - Is a ready-to-buy HTPC available with MythTV preloaded and ready to go?
>>
> This is a lot for any one thread and is completely unrelated to this
> thread. It isn't appropriate to discuss it here and hijack this
> thread. Copy all of your stuff over into a new thread, with an
> informative title, and you will get all the answers you need.

Johnny,

Interesting: Your own post further extended, and even repeated, the
supposedly "completely unrelated" content in this thread.  Your action
seems to contradict your words.

In the future, you may prefer to share such thoughts privately, instead
of with the entire list.

Alternatively, you could simply have chosen to modify the subject line
yourself (perhaps "0.22 best platform [Was: 0.22 annoyances]"), and
possibly even added some informative content.  That would have been a
kind and considerate thing to do.

Search the threads: I had recently asked related questions in a separate
new thread, to total and deafening silence.  If you think my questions
would get "all the answers" I need, there's evidence you are sadly mistaken.

I don't expect every question to be answered: But that's no reason not
to modify the question and ask again.

This thread at least had traction:  Sometimes, you just gotta go where
the eyeballs are, and hope for the best.

That said, I do agree my post did land with a bit of a thud in the
middle of this thread.

I will take your advice and start another new thread.

I don't sound too frustrated, do I?

My ancient ReplayTV box is still laughing at me as it records yet
another show.

-BobC