[mythtv-users] OT: Weak signal with 'TwinHan AzureWave AD-TU700(704J)' tuner?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 16:22:41 UTC 2010

Hi,
Over the past few days I've been doing some checking of my TV aerial
leads, amplifiers etc.
The outcome seems to be that my TwinHan USB tuner is either faulty or
just has a bad receiver in it.
I have 2 x Nova T PCI cards which seem to receive a consistent and
good signal and SNR.
Comparing the dual tuner TwinHan to these I see an intermittent less
than zero BER and fluctuating SNR.
This is across both tuners in the TwinHan.

This results in digital break up and chirps in sound when compared to
the Nova cards.

I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this on these tuners, I got
mine from Maplin before Xmas
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=222858

Thanks
Mike