[mythtv-users] OT: Weak signal with 'TwinHan AzureWave AD-TU700(704J)' tuner?

Simon Jones sijones_uk at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 20:50:08 UTC 2010

>Hi,
>Over the past few days I've been doing some checking of my TV aerial
>leads, amplifiers etc.
>The outcome seems to be that my TwinHan USB tuner is either faulty or
>just has a bad receiver in it.
>I have 2 x Nova T PCI cards which seem to receive a consistent and
>good signal and SNR.
>Comparing the dual tuner TwinHan to these I see an intermittent less
>than zero BER and fluctuating SNR.
>This is across both tuners in the TwinHan.

>I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this on these tuners, I got
>mine from Maplin before Xmas
>http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=222858

I have 2 of these, got them a while ago, but they have a design flaw that the sensitivity goes down when they are in dual tuner mode.

if you do a search on google on af9015 dual tuner, you will see some info about it, I have taken them off my system and use an internal pci-e card instead.

If you have a very good signal then you might get them to work, otherwise disabling the second tuner in the v4l code is another way round.

Also make sure your using the 4.95 firmware, dmesg will tell you version that is being loaded.

Regards,