[mythtv-users] New MythTV Web/Internet Video Plugin

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 21:12:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 3:59 AM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> download and playback stuff works.  Things are tentatively looking
>> good for a release by .23, but it's the holidays and anything can
>> happen.
>
> A message to say this is looking great.  I hope you have time to post
> more updates / videos of progress soon.

Thanks, it's nice to get encouragement.

While it's not quite releaseable yet, things took a big step forward
this weekend with Doug and I each tracking down a major bug each that
had been holding both of us up.  While it still have some extremely
rough edges, I'm actually able to call MythNetvision "usable" at this
point.  We'll be spending the next few weeks ironing out kinks,
rounding off edges, and doing a lot of documentation on both the use
of the plugin and some comprehensive docs on writing a grabber script
so that we can get you guys involved in expanding the library of sites
supported.

If you would like, you can peruse:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision

I used images from the 4:3 default theme since I would rather people
see what they will get with the lion's share of the themes.  Note that
Arclight will also be available by the time we get this out, so if you
would prefer the interface you have seen there, that option will be
available too.

Robert