[mythtv-users] how to undo mythbuntu update

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 00:59:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Nick Rout  wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM, David L  wrote:
>> I submitted a bug report for a mythfrontend crash:
>>
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7797
>>
>> I got a reply that said they  needed more info (not sure why,
>> I get about this amount of information from my company's
>> crash reports and find line numbers with addr2line even though
>> the testers don't have debugging symbols).  Anyway,
>> I tried this procedure:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Debugging_with_Ubuntu_packages
>>
>> Now my frontend doesn't work anymore.  It says please wait
>> forever and I get this output:
>
> According to your bug report you didn't install or change anything.
>
> Or are you saying you installed the autobuild packages? if so did you
> go to 0.22-fixes or trunk?

Today I tried to install the autobuild packages... I was never presented with
a choice between trunk and fixes as far as I know.  I remember a choice
between 22 and 23 and I selected 22.  I did get some errors during this
process... something about only a partial upgrade being possible.

I think I might have fixed the vdpau problem I was having after the upgrade
by re-installing the nvidia driver from nvidia's web site.

It's unfortunate that it's not easier to report bugs.  I'm not too familiar
with Ubuntu, but in Fedora, there is a "debuginfo-install" command.
Is there an equivalent command in Mythbuntu?  I really would have
preferred to not upgrade to autobuilds because of the potential
new problems, but it recommended doing the update (and the
debug info installation didn't work without doing the update as
far as I can tell).  Can I get back to where I was before, or am I
past the point of no return?  I'd like to contribute bug reports
when the frontend crashes (which is ~2x per day for me), but since
the wife and kids use it, I can't run bleeding edge code.

Thanks,

             David