[mythtv-users] FC12 firewire i686 vs x86-64?

Greg Zornetzer gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 06:57:04 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I'm looking at upgrading my myth box from FC9 / Myth 0.21.  One of my main
requirements is that I get firewire to work for recording off a cable box.
I've pulled down some livecd images of FC12 to test out the firewire
recording capabilities.  I found a rather odd problem.

If I use the i686 livecd, I successfully get firewire recordings.  If I use
the x86-64 livecd, I get a zero-length file (I tried multiple times to get a
recording).  I'm using a p2p connection, and the following commands:

plugctl -n 1 oPCR[0].n_p2p_connections=1
test-mpeg2 -r 1 > test.mpg

As much as I'd like to switch to x86-64, I'm going to stick with i686 if I
can't make firewire happy.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to activate
broadcast mode on x86-64 to test that.  Has anyone else encountered a
problem like this? Ideas?
Thanks,
-Greg