[mythtv-users] Bob's Huge List of Questions [Was: 0.22 annoyances]

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 14:14:27 UTC 2010

> Why is this Chris? I asked this question on the mythbuntu forum and I
> was told I did not need the avend repo/code if I was running 0.22?
> What does it give me that is not available in mythbuntu and mythtv 0.22?

There is very little difference. Jean-Yves follows the mythbuntu daily
builds. He adds a couple of patches for some audio issues. The patches
are in trunk and will be part of .23. Also he packages things slightly
differently so that the mythtv packages are dependent on a specific
nvidia driver version. That way you can more easily switch between
different drivers. He also seems to have more recent nvidia drivers
available than the standard Mythbuntu repository. If you are on
Mythbuntu repository and are happy then there isn't really a reason to
switch.