[mythtv-users] How to schedule a Power Search for Actor and Category ?

Paul paul at paulhurley.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 14:36:18 UTC 2010

I'm trying to setup a schedule for actor = 'Will Smith' and category =
'film' (I've seen most of the fresh prince.  I found a page on the wiki
- http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Recording that suggests;

    * Additional tables = "JOIN credits AS c ON c.chanid=program.chanid
      AND c.starttime=program.starttime JOIN people AS p ON
      p.person=c.person"
    * Search phrase = "p.name = 'Will Smith' AND program.category_type =
      'Film'"

However, when i try this (from mythweb) I get a SQL error around the
additional tables part.  My system is running on Mythbuntu Karmic (9.10)
and Myth 0.22.  I can succesfully run it as pure SQL;

|SELECT *
FROM program
JOIN credits AS c ON c.chanid = program.chanid
AND c.starttime = program.starttime
JOIN people AS p ON p.person = c.person
WHERE p.name = 'Will Smith'
AND program.category_type = 'movie'