[mythtv-users] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

T D topper.doggle at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 3 15:18:55 UTC 2010

2009/12/30 Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com>:
> We'll probably regret this but we would like your opinions :-)  We are
> in the process of  switching MythMusic to MythUI and would like to take
> the opportunity to make some much needed improvements to the interface.
>
> We don't necessarily  just want a list of feature requests, although
> every idea will be considered, but also how they should be implemented,
> what the interface should look like etc. If you can provide mock ups of
> how it should look or links to images of how other players do things
> then all the better.

Sorry the References: will be wrong - I only just subscribed to the list.

I think CD playing support is far too obfuscated - there's no way my
parents can get to grips with that on the mythbox I just built for
them.  I can barely work it out myself.  It needs a "Play CD" option
under CD/DVD, alongside "Import CD".  The actual interface would be
simple enough, just a track listing somewhere, and navigable buttons
for play, stop, pause etc, possibly not dissimilar to the interface
for playing ripped music.

--
TD