[mythtv-users] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Sun Jan 3 15:32:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 15:18 +0000, T D wrote:
> I think CD playing support is far too obfuscated - there's no way my
> parents can get to grips with that on the mythbox I just built for
> them.  I can barely work it out myself.  It needs a "Play CD" option
> under CD/DVD, alongside "Import CD".  The actual interface would be
> simple enough, just a track listing somewhere, and navigable buttons
> for play, stop, pause etc, possibly not dissimilar to the interface
> for playing ripped music.

Even better, I would like to see a "Play DVD/CD" menu option that
determines which type of disc is inserted and plays it.

I would also like a config option to automatically import CDs when
playing them, provided that the disc is left in long enough.  Along with
that, it could recognize that the inserted disc has already been
imported, and play the files instead of the disc.