[mythtv-users] help - some recordings seem to be much too short.

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:05:18 UTC 2010

I've just upgraded to 0.22. All the programs that i recorded before
the upgrade all playback correctly. But some of the ones recorded
since do not. The recording is good - mplayer plays it correctly and
shows the correct length - but mythfrontend thinks it is much shorter
than it really is. That said if i skip forward using mythfrontend i
can skip past the point where it would play to and it will play for a
few minutes more before stopping again.

As an example, I recorded the last episode of doctor who. With padding
this is a 1 hour, 31 minute recording and a 1.7Gb file mythfrontend
shows it as being 20 minutes long and stops when it reaches 21
minutes. if i then skip forward to around 7 minutes (as shown on the
display) i can see that i'm at the point where playback stopped (i.e
20 minutes) and watch again for 5 minutes or so. the amount extra i
can gain this way seems to get less with each iteration. needless to
say this makes playback very tedious.

this seems to be the case with all recordings on bbc1 and bbc2, but
not on the other channels i've recorded from since the upgrade.

does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

In case it helps, here are the recorded table and recordedprogram
table database entries for this program. they look fine to me.

         chanid: 110
      starttime: 2010-01-03 16:38:00
        endtime: 2010-01-03 18:10:00
          title: Doctor Who