[mythtv-users] What about an impatient wife ?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 03:27:01 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I keep telling her to go bake a cake, but she thinks I'm kidding.
>

> Hope I got your attention.  The subject says it all.
>
> I'm using MythTV for OTA recordings and videos only.  Dumped Comcast.
>
> So during prime time here in the U.S. I usually have four recordings
> running at the same time from about 7PM-10PM.  She can't wait...
>
> So my question is does this screw up recordings when being watched?
> Of coarse she suffers through the commercials but she doesn't care.
>
> Does it mess up commercial flagging of the recorded shows.  Seems like
> it does sometimes.

If I understand correctly she's watching the recordings as they occur
(ie, from the "Watch Recordings" menu) in which case nope, that's not
a problem at all, and will in no way interfere with commflagging
(although obviously she/you might not be able to take advantage of
commflagging as you will end up ahead of it).

Robert