[mythtv-users] SiliconDust to Announce CableCard Product at CES [RUMOR]

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 05:49:15 UTC 2010

> This could be an interesting companion to MythTV (if it is indeed true):
>
> http://www.geektonic.com/2010/01/silicondust-to-announce-cablecard.html

It is a step, but I would be very surprised if what ever file this
thing produced wasn't locked down with DRM just like anything else
coming out of any other cablecard box. They have gone to great lengths
to make sure that a cable card won't end up in a device/computer that
would allow unrestricted digital video to be produced. I will be
surprised if that changed right now especially with the current pushes
on the FCC to allow them to lock things down even tighter with SOC,
etc.