[mythtv-users] Channel overlap with Satellite and ATSC

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 05:57:58 UTC 2010

So, I have followed mythtv for a long time, but never really
implemented it fully due to lack of HD capabilities for non ATSC
signals..  Well, with the hd-pvr, that has changed I guess.  I have
one now, and have it installed and all is great.  I just have a
question on how to properly setup my sources.

I will end up with 2 or 3 hdpvrs, and probably 2 hdhomeruns.  I do not
know (and have not found) the proper way to go about configuring it so
if all four ATSC tuners are busy, that the "local" channels on the
hdpvrs connected to my directv service gets used.

Is this possible?  It appears when I setup 2 sources with my schedules
direct (1 for dtv, and 1 for broadcast channels - or if I scan for
broadcast channels), there is not a correlation between ie, KXAS from
my directv source, and KXAS for my OTA source.

Am I just over thinking this, or is this something that needs some
tweaking to make work?

Thanks,

Greg