[mythtv-users] Can Storage groups protect recordings from accidental deletion?

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 4 06:33:36 UTC 2010

Good morning, and Happy New Year everyone!

I am thinking about the inevitable transition to Storage Groups and, although I find appealing the ease of use they offer, I can't stop worrying about one small detail: How can I stop remote frontends from accidentally deleting videos ? With nfs mounts I can give read-only access to the share and the problem is solved.

How can I have similar functionality using storage groups? Do I have to use a different mythtv user with less privileges in the database? (if this is the case, can someone give me more details?) Or should I keep the nfs mounts and fool the storage groups into thinking the directories are local? But this would remove all benefits of storage groups.

Yianni.