[mythtv-users] Jerky playback with ITV HD

dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jan 4 09:30:04 UTC 2010

>> Is that useful info?� I'll have to wait a while to try
>> ITV HD playback
>> on the other frontend, as they don't often broadcast.�
>> There's a
>> programme on at 9pm tomorrow night.
>>

> If ITV HD is an H.264 broadcast then it might help to apply the patch
> attached to ticket #7481.
>

>> Also, if you have any comment on why my logs constantly
>> fill with the
>> same message, I'd be grateful.
>>

> Those messages you are repeatedly seeing are harmless and have been
> alleviated in the latest -fixes. Please refer to ticket #7067 for details.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Taylor

Shouldn't need any patches, plays fine here on 0.22-fixes.

Are you using VDPAU and if so what de-interlacer are you using? I have an
onboard 8300 and realistically it can only do "One Field (1x)", also you
need to assign at least 512MB of RAM to the onboard video.

Another issue you maybe experiencing is memory bandwidth starvation caused
by the processor running at 1000MHz, this can be alleviated by setting the
minimum clock rate to 1800MHz -
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#CPU_Frequency_Scaling.

I fitted a addin PCI-E 9400GT that can playback ITV HD using the Temporal
(2x).

More info on VDPAU - http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU.