[mythtv-users] What about an impatient wife ?

Mark Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 4 11:45:54 UTC 2010

On January 4, 2010 01:07:23 Rod Smith wrote:
> On Sunday 03 January 2010 10:24:25 pm Brent Bolin wrote:
> > I'm using MythTV for OTA recordings and videos only.  Dumped Comcast.
> >
> > So during prime time here in the U.S. I usually have four recordings
> > running at the same time from about 7PM-10PM.  She can't wait...
> >
> > So my question is does this screw up recordings when being watched?
> > Of coarse she suffers through the commercials but she doesn't care.
> >
> > Does it mess up commercial flagging of the recorded shows.  Seems like
> > it does sometimes.

I do it all the time on my 0.21 setup.  The only problem I see is that once
the recording finishes I can't skip forward any more.   The osd shows 0:00 of
0:00.  Exiting to the recording menu and hitting play fixes this, and I don't
lose my position.

I don't know if this still happens in 0.22, since I haven't upgraded yet.

Mark