[mythtv-users] Channel overlap with Satellite and ATSC

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:57:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Charles Wright <cpwright at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this possible?  It appears when I setup 2 sources with my schedules
>> direct (1 for dtv, and 1 for broadcast channels - or if I scan for
>> broadcast channels), there is not a correlation between ie, KXAS from
>> my directv source, and KXAS for my OTA source.
>>
>> Am I just over thinking this, or is this something that needs some
>> tweaking to make work?
> I think it should work as long as the identical channels have the same
> callsign, channel number, and xmltvid.

Good to hear - Thanks!  I'll give it with a go with my expresscard to
just test it and see what gets populated in the database.  If I need
to modify the tables to make the fields you mention match, will it
persist until I run another channel scan, etc..?  Will
mythfilldatabase miss those channels if I modify one of those?  I
guess it does not matter too much since I have the guide data from
another (same channel) source already though...

-Greg