[mythtv-users] Theme problems upgrading to 0.22

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Jan 4 15:46:21 UTC 2010

   I had an abortive attempt at upgrading my 0.21-fixes to 0.22 over
Christmas, and almost got there, but had spent too much time deliberating
over the d/b schema upgrade errors which cropped up (music and video, and
also the odd default_authority one which some people have seen).  By the
time I'd decided that, although I *shouldn't* have been getting them (as I
don't run svn versions of Myth, nor, in general, twiddle with the SQL
manually), it was getting too late in the day so I reverted, for now, back
to 0.21.

   The final straw, as it were, was an inability to change the theme from
what I *think* is called Terra.  Nomatter what theme I chose, Terra came up
(and sometimes the frontend crashed out doing the change).

   I don't have a problem with Terra per se (although it was a bit slow on
my box), except that the fonts all seemed to have a slightly off size.  The
most obvious example of this is the date/time in the bottom right:  I got
maybe the left ½ of the 'p' from the final 'pm', with the last ½ of the 'p'
and the 'm' pushed off screen.

   So I guess I have two questions:

- What might stop me being able to change theme?  I'm using the Qt painter,
the GL doesn't work on my box.

- What settings should I now be using for X?  It always used to be the case
that we had to configure X to say it was 100 dpi;  I thought this new theme
engine got rid of that restriction, but I still have it set up that way.
What might I be doing wrong to have the font sizes skew-whiff?  Are there
specific fonts I need to have installed?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature