[mythtv-users] SiliconDust to Announce CableCard Product at CES[RUMOR]

Kyle Walker kylehwalker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 17:50:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
> It's will be a cold day in hell when the CableLabs consortium allow open
> access to cablecard, basically give up on the idea, they are too
> closeminded and like the dinosaurs will eventually die off and be
> extinct before their pea brains realize what happened.

I agree they wont let let happen, but it is not for the reason that
everyone on this list keeps citing.  They know every single show is
available on the internet within hours of airing, and they know they
can do nothing to stop this.  They are afraid of two things, the loss
of the cable box rental revenue stream, and the associated commercial
detection and deletion that would come with people having power over
their own box.