[mythtv-users] IP change blocks mythfrontend

William william_munson at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 19:17:28 UTC 2010

Ant? Santos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Minimyth and I'm not sure if this is a problem related to
> MythTV or Minimyth. The problem is that my frontend uses DHCP to get
> network configuration and whenever the IP is renewed (being different
> than the previous), mythfrontend stops responding and stalls.
>
> Is this a problem with MythTV? Or should I dig deep into Minimyth
> configuration system?

Under normal conditions your ip address should not change merely because
your dhcp renews itself. If that is the case you need to look into your
dhcp server config. Make sure you only have one.

If you deliberately changed the ip address while the remote frontend was
running, then yes it will lose connection until after the frontend is
restarted