[mythtv-users] WinTV HVR-1120 Analogue TV sound routing

Stefan mythtv-users at 0114.ch
Mon Jan 4 20:10:33 UTC 2010

Hi guys,
I just bought a HVR-1120 after my beloved PVR-350 died. I set it up on a
freshly installed openSuSE  11.2 box (kernel 2.6.31)

In short:
- The card seems to be recognized all fine by the kernel, I can record
analogue video but no audio using MythTV.
- I can redirect audio with sox to line-out but I only hear the
currently tuned channel (constantly, even when not playing live tv)
- I'm not sure if the firmware is working as expected (see work log below).

I have put a detailed work log on my wiki (incl. lspci and lsmod logs):
http://0114.ch/wiki/MythTV/TVCardHVR1120

Maybe this can be solved easily by properly routing the sound to
wherever, but I'm quite noobish when it gets too deep into hardware
related linux stuff. (I'd be totally lost without all the wikis and
forums and mailing list archives to guide me)

Thanks for your help!
Stefan