[mythtv-users] OT: Just for fun - place your bets - 4XHD HDHR recording

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Tue Jan 5 02:02:18 UTC 2010

Since the list's tone has been a little cranky lately, I thought I'd have
fun with my system tonight.

In one hour from now, I'm going to simultaneously capture 4 HD QAM streams
using two 2-tuner HDHomeruns to a single backend.  (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX -
one hour segments)

Place your bets, will I ...

1) Crash the backend ugly (I took a database backup)
2) Get Mangled recordings (1 or more, sync issues, whatever)
3) Perfection - all recordings are ok.

Backend:
-- 2X500GB 7200RPM SATA formatted as XFS are separate from main OS drive
and are both added in the "default" storage group
-- Linux 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux
-- 2GB RAM, 1.3GB free
-- 2cores (Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2180  @ 2.00GHz)
-- Gigabit NIC on backend, gigabit switch, HDHRs and BE are direct on the
switch.

Whheeeeeeeeeeee!