[mythtv-users] VDPAU on older pre-G98 8400 GS

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jan 5 03:18:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Frank Merrill <fmerrill1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The G86 core only supports feature set A, so, it really depends upon
> what it is your trying to play.

At the moment I'm starting simple.  Just SD MPEG2 captured off Comcast
cable via an HDHR.

> Output resolution may also be a factor.

I'm running at 1920x1080.  Too high?

> As far as the PCIe X4 slot, that would still be ok as long as an x16
> card can physically be inserted in it,

Yes, it's an x16 form factor slot, but not all of the lanes are
enabled.  The card has been working for over a year, but it's only
recently that I've upgraded to .22 and tried to turn on vdpau.

Eric