[mythtv-users] VDPAU on older pre-G98 8400 GS

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jan 5 04:17:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Frank Merrill <fmerrill1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the real answer in the end is to just upgrade the card to
> something more suitable to doing VDPAU at that resolution,

That seems sort of silly.  The card runs acceptably when VDPAU is not
being used.  I mostly only turned it on to see what all the fuss was
about.  I was surprised that performance went from pretty good to
abysmal on such a simple test.  I assumed that I must have done
something wrong, which is why I was wondering if anyone on this list
had direct personal experience with such a card.

Eric