[mythtv-users] Tuning Freesat channels on 0.22

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Tue Jan 5 10:14:43 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Since switching to 0.22 I've had an ongoing issue in tuning Freesat channels
and wondered if anyone else had seen this same issue?

In 0.21 I'd complete a "full scan" by entering in the specific transponder
information and myth would find the channels only on that transponder
(ussually 5 - 10 channels on a transponder).  However, since 0.22 the same
information seems to be ignored and myth seems to continue scanning every
transponder thereby finding every channel on the satellite.  I only want to
tune specific channels (such as BBC HD and ITV HD).

For example, for BBC HD I enter (Full scan of selected transport)
Frequency; 10847000, V, 22000, 5/6, Auto (cant remember the field names)

But then the scan just keeps going finding hundreds of shopping channels
over a fifteen minute period, whereas before it would only find the specific
channels on that transport and ask if you wanted to add them.  Am I missing
something here as I've definately not changed how I complete my scan, the
dialouges are the same, but the result is very different?

Any views appreicated.

Cheers,
Steve.